Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Mural for my Granddaughter's Room

This blog post is a work in progress and I'll be adding to it as I keep adding to the mural.


Step 1: Adding the blue sky. We just took a damp towel and swirled light blue onto the wall. Since the wall was white it worked perfectly showing through white steaks to make the sky look cloudy naturally.

Adding in green for the grass.



Painting the clouds in.
 I have never been good at painting clouds so I used this video as a reference.



Stenciling in some butterflies, snails and mushrooms.

Adding the tree branch.

Adding leaves.


Touching up after stenciling on the leaves.


Adding pink flowers.

Adding some highlights onto the branches.

After filling in some brighter colors.



































No comments:

Post a Comment